Monday, September 10, 2018

Conference Week

Hello World,

Here in Uganda, as you may already know, we get to watch General Conference a week later. None of us want to watch a midnight showing here. If it was a Marvel movie or the next big teen novel they have made into a movie then maybe there would be takers but for conference people aren't as dedicated to the cause. Anyways it was really good as always. Amazing how much revelation came. I actually really like the changes. It will help a lot here in this part of the world especially. Always a long day though when you watch conference here due to not having a 1 hour break, no snacks and what not. Still it is worth it because it always leaves you inspired, happy and ready to face the world. Also what made my day was that one of our recent converts brought one of her neighbors (He is pictured below). So now the back story, this kid's name is Apol. Now Apol is super awesome. When I was with Elder Goodrich this kid, like many 0-5 year old children here in Uganda feared Whites. When he saw us he would run, and it was hilarious with is tubby little body booking it in fear, but i felt bad too. Elder Goodrich would often go out of his way to scare him to. Anyways I decided I would try to get him to like us. So while Goodrich would scare I would give him sweets if he greeted us. Anyways after a few times of giving him sweets and no more Goodrich, he loves us. He will play with me and everything when we are visiting our Recent Converts home. So anyways that is why I was happy to see him. Plus his little suit coat, with the T-shirt and his VIP shoes made him arrive in style at church haha. I love this kid.
Also this conference I had a hard time understanding 3 of the speakers due to their accent. And it got me frustrated, half of the problem I think was the building we were in but anyways it brought me understanding. Often people look at me after speaking and just show on their face they have no Idea what I said. I no can understand how they feel. Accents are not easy.
Also here is my favorite part of President Russel M Nelson's address:
I am optimistic about the future. It will be filled with opportunities for each of us to progress, contribute, and take the gospel to every corner of the earth. But I am also not naive about the days ahead. We live in a world that is complex and increasingly contentious. The constant availability of social media and a 24-hour news cycle bombard us with relentless messages. If we are to have any hope of sifting through the myriad of voices and the philosophies of men that attack truth, we must learn to receive revelation.
Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.

Have a great week!
Love Elder Seibert


Photos: Apol, and then a pic of something that if I wasn't in Uganda, i would be shocked to see it. It was in one of the buses I took.



No comments:

Post a Comment