Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Seibert Express



Hello Everyone,

Transfer day came and went. I got to open up The Seibert Express again. No speed bumps were nailed and the van of greenies wasn't as grand. I drove to round trips of Kampala to Jinja stopping in Lugazi along the way. It was not as stressful as last time since I an now a professional driver... :-/  The first time I got to drive just a pick up out since there were few then I drove the van of greenies back out. Super fun. My mission president was concerned and on the way back had my companion ask me 2 times if I was okay to drive not tired and then even though I said I was good told my (temporary) companion to get me a mt dew or the road. I never got it unfortunately. Not that I really drink Mt dew. I will say it was a blessing that I didn't feel tired at all while driving. The Lord was definitely helping because I don't even I think I yawned once while driving. Then the next day I showed my new companion, Elder Quateng (from Ghana) office life. He is learning but it will take time as always to fully understand.

A few funny experiences this week.
1) Yesterday while out proselyting a very drunk man stopped us. He had a couple of kids around 8 years old next to him and 2 math problems down in the dirt. 0-1= and 0-2=. I guess he was offering the kids 1000 UGX to get them right, well they both said 0 so he asked me i said -1 and got 1000 UGX only I gave it back. I almost was going to get myself a soda with it but decided not to.
2) I was driving today to get some food with a greenie in our house and we saw a butt naked guy just walking casually down the busy road super random. Gotta love Uganda

Have a great week everyone!!
Love Elder Seibert

PHOTOS:
We found adult diapers in the storage room opposite our house So i tried it on naturally
A cool bird out our window.
Us messing with the mattresses when we had visitors a few weeks a go. Missionaries cam in from far for a meeting so they stayed at our place and we grabbed a lot of mattresses from the storage for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment