Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hello World 2.0

Hello World,

It was another wonderful week for Elder Seibert. Time continues to fly by and I just wonder where it went. This week we enjoyed a nce Office meeting so were actually were able to see a lot better what we need to do as office elders. Then Thursday we got to enjoy interviews. President Collings gave me some good advice. I have always been a little stressed trying to do everything we need to do which hasn't been a problem but it takes its toll. Anyways he asked about my spirituality level and I said it has been lower these days andd he said I just need to go back to the basics of missionary work. Do my companionship study (because we often skip it to accomplish things), and focus on investigators. That has been hard. With everything we do it is easy to put that on a back burner especially since we white washed and our teaching pool has been pretty small. However, I realize now even like I heard in general conference. There are certain things we should always do. The Gospel includes all those things. I never really thought I could loose a gospel focus as a missionary but it kinda has happened. We have gotten so wrapped up in peoples calling saying water or power is out or they need these materials that, for me, my mind has go to worldly concerns. Now these things are important but Right now I need to find a balance in life. A way to keep my missionary aspect alive. And that is true for all of us, there are things we all need to do but we need to make sure we balance the gospel aspect of our life first and foremost in our life! It is what brings happiness to everything that follows.

Also this week I celebrated my 21st birthday. Nothing too exciting happened that day. We had to do a lot of vehicle inspections that day while all the Zone leaders were in a leadership meeting even though it was more a leadership retreat if I do say so. They went hiking in the woods and then got drenched in a rainstorm haha. They had a good old time. I did eat cake and Ice cream yesterday though to celebrate and went with my house mates to lunch today.

Hope everyone is doing well. I love all your support and emails! Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Seibert

Photos: (May not be in order as listed) I was trying to be one of those snakes in a basket (more so checking to see if I could fit to scare someone), Elder Obeng, one of my favorite elders burning stuff to celebrate a year, a crazy car we saw, and Elder Driggs and I before he got sent to Rwanda this transfer, also a picture of a sign we saw (I never knew the police people from around would have games against each other). 



No comments:

Post a Comment