Saturday, October 21, 2017

Hello World

Hello World,

This week has been extremely busy! Tuesday I got to go to the airport and help pick up the new missionaries! It was interesting to see their faces as they walked off the plane. There were a lot of them. We were mostly there to only carry luggage in our truck. We did drive a few elders back to Kampala who flew in from Rwanda too for transfers. It was fun. Then Wednesday we had to take some beds down and move them around to adjust for the different areas that got trio companionships. Then at 2 we were at the Kololo chapel so we could drive the "Jinja van" trip. But due to space I got to drive it up without my companion. He had to drive some other missionaries to their areas in Kampala so I had a van full of suitcases and 9 brand new missionaries. 1 returning home missionary from a mission branch and 1 normal missionary. Well I started off and it wasn't too bad. Driving a 15 passenger manual van though is a different experience. I took a back road to cut traffic out of leaving Kampala and some of the speed bumps were gnarly! I didn't see one and I hammered it. Now that is not uncommon but to a bunch of greenies I am sure they were thinking where the heck did this guy learn to drive? haha but anyways the worst part was we hit bad jam! After I dropped people in Mukono, I had to rearrange luggage, then drop people in Lugazi then as I was in route to Jijna is when the jam hit. it was like 7 pm now and that was when I was suppose to be back in Kampala, not arriving at jinja. and I had all greenies in the car so everytime people called one elder would answer and have no idea what these people were saying. But 2 broken down cars and one car being towed later we reached Jinja around 8-8:30 and booked it back. All the missionaries in the car were ones going home so it wasn't as stressful. Plus I had someone else drive us back. He was a little more experienced in driving this route and I was tired so it was awesome. But him driving the van made me think of the scene in the Incredible when Mr. Incredible is driving in the van with his family about to fight the robot at the end. Elder LeCheminant, the one driving, has a similar build and just looked a little too big for the driver seat area just like Mr Incredible is portrayed. We made it back safely around 10 so that was nice. Then lastly Thursday I said farewell to all my friends haha. We drove the missionaries going home to the airport and it was weird watching them go into the airport and think  I won't see them again here in Uganda. It just seemed like they were being transferred though! Very Surreal. The best part of the drive though was going on this new road they are building. It is an express way from Kampala to Entebbe and it is still under construction though so in a way you aren't suppose to be on it but we had a local guy driving the other van so he got us in. It straight looked like the freeway from Napa. It was probably the nicest road I have ever seen (here in Uganda)! Anyways even though we were very busy this week and things didn't always go as planned it was a great week. I had fun with all these different experiences! As I look back on my mission experience it amazes me how people can come and go into your life so fast and yet leave a tremendous impact! There really is a plan to how God made us and our ability to socially interact. Also sorry if half of this doesn't make sense. I am trying to write very fast 😁


Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Seibert

Sorry No Pics, I should have gotten a sweet pic with our sweet ride. Maybe I will remember next time (if there is a next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment