Wednesday, August 23, 2017

To the Office

Hello People,
This week our transfer ended and the transfer news came. Elder Seibert you will be an office elder. I was shocked. This is the first time this mission has had office elders (at least in a long time). We used to have an office staff of locals who the church paid but I guess it is against church policy and so they no longer will be working there. It is a little sad but I know the Lord will help them find new jobs. So anyways I will be with an Elder named Elder Watts and it seems we will be very busy these next few weeks. We will be inspecting apartments, putting in baptismal records and whatever else. It will be a big learning experience since we will be the first. Anyways it should be fun. Even I was told we will have to type up Instruction type things for what we will do so it reminded me off the excitement I had back when I worked at Xemax: Surgical Supplies and had to type up instructions on how to create a cusp-lok. I look forward to the challenge though. Plus I will be serving around Elder Myers and Elder Harding again so it will be fun to be reunited with these guys in Mutungo (my new proselyting area).
As for the week it was good, I spoke in sacrament yesterday on Sabbath Day Observance. Also Crazy story! on Tuesday we were going to teach an investigator but when we got there it started hailiing hail the size of like cherries, (biggest I have ever seen) and sicne the roof are iron sheets it was too loud to teach so we waited, anyways while waiting it was pouring rain and thundering but then we heard thunder but also like an earthquake feeling/noise we look out the window and the wall of the neighbor had fallen! And the worst part is it smashed open on of the people's homes and our investigators motorbike he uses for money!!! But our investigator Aaron didn't think much about his bike when he saw the neighbor's house smashed he ran out in the rain to make sure they weren't trapped inside! He is such great guy! Luckily they weren't home but we went over and started moving all their stuff out of the water and such then when the rain stopped we continued our work. I just feel bad because now our investigator has no way to earn money for his family so food will be a problem. The neighbor said they would fix the bike but the money isn't there yet. So hopefully by the end of the week it will but We will see. I just wish I could help but I can't. Missionary life isn't easy at times.
Anyways Have a good week everyone!
Love, Elder Seibert
picturees will come next week

No comments:

Post a Comment