Sunday, October 2, 2016

I'll Pray For You To Join Islam

Hello World,

This week has been pretty good. Yesterday was fun because an islamic guy started taling to us trying to teach us and convert us to islam. He told us how it was correct and even Told us how terrorism is not Islam's way infact god takes you killing one person as if you killed a nation. And also how obama is a traitor, how Obama left kenya to get fame and glory, how he turned to the devil basically, That one made me laugh. People here love Obama. Then we said we had to leave so he said he would prey for us to find Allah or Islam. And I said I will pray for you to find Jesus. Then we walked away. It made my day. We will have to wait and see who has more faith to convert haha.

It's official the name chosen was part of the long long list of names my companion and I rattled off. It was kinda hard not for them to have named the baby girl something we hadn't suggested. However, the names they picked where from when we were being serious. It is Aria Liberty Padde. I realized after I should have suggested LaFonda but it is too late... Anyways I suggested Liberty because they had a dictionary out and I noticed she like the name I sugested originally that started with L (Lexi). (The original names we suggested may or may not have been all the girls we had dated in the past... ) 

Also this week we have been working hard however it was a little rough in the fact we dropped a lot of investigators due to them not keeping commitments. This week will be a lot of finding but it will be okay because we found out our area is bigger then we thought! So we have plenty of new houses to find at. We do have two families we are really excited to be teaching. Richard and Rachel is one and the other is Celestine and Patricia. Both seem like they were a blessing from the Lord for us to find and we are really hoping that they will keep their commitments! I know that our message brings so much happiness and can bless their lives.

That is definately the hardest part about being a missionary. You come to love the people you teach you get excited to see the change in their lives but then they just won't read the Book of Mormon. They have a hard time seeing that There is only ONE true church so therefore they won't read the book of mormon. But I do know that when we read the Book of Mormon everyday and pray to God asking if it is true the Holy Ghost with enlighten us. Even it helps bring us to closer to God and Jesus Christ. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

2 Nephi 29:6-8 (Probably one of my favorite scriptures at the moment. Only time I know of that the Lord will call you a fool haha)

 Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews? 
 7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in theearth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of twonations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

Hope all is well
Elder Seibert

No comments:

Post a Comment