Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Celebrating 20 Years of Life

Hello world,
This has been a good week. Not only did I turn a solid 20 years old but I also got to watch general conference. It also rained a lot so it kept the dust down on this main road we walk all the time.
Anyways Thursday I was surprised by elder Mufurati attacking me with a blanket as I walked out into our main room and then him and Elder Osei Tutu singing happy birthday with Elder Ndlovu joining in. Turns out elder mufurati baked me a "cake" too. It was very delicious. It was banana bread and the frosting was banana cream pie filling. It made my day because I wasn't expecting much besides them saying happy birthday. We also had exchanges that day and I got to spend the day with Elder Mufurati and learn how he is a good guy.
Also as I said we saw conference this week which was awesome. Different then how I am use to watching it but a lot of fun. The hardest thing was that they show the 2 sessions 30 mins apart watching 4 hours of conference in less then 5 hours is hard. But I really enjoyed the talks given. Russel M Nelson I think gave one of my favorite talks about having joy in difficulties and even how we should look to have joy at all times. It really only comes down to perspective. My favorite quote came from Quentin L. Cook When He said "that stumbling blocks may be made into “stepping-stones to a noble character and to Heaven.”" It even made me think about Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

 We are all given trials and weaknesses in life no matter who you are. But even I know that as we put Christ in our lives and do our best to follow him, and look for what we can learn by these trials and weaknesses we can reach a higher potential even that is why we chose to come here on earth. It is through these difficulties that we learn and grow and are able to reach that "noble character" and Heaven.
Hope Everyone is doing well
Love Elder Seibert
Photos: My cake, district photos, a picture to show how ducks here look mutated (or so i think), and even the first lion I have seen since being here in Africa. Also the muffin I bought the night before to be my cake with my match for a candle :)





No comments:

Post a Comment