Wednesday, December 27, 2017

RELEASED

Hello Peeps,

I have officially been released as an office elder! I Will be going back to Nsambya for round 2. I wasn't suppose to be released originally but some last minute changes were made. My new companion will be Elder Shumway and I will be having Christmas in Nsambya once again. Kind of funny considering last year in our December transfer I left Seeta to go to Nsambya for Christmas and now I leave Mutungo to go to Nasmbya for Christmas. It is a bitter sweet experience. I didn't spend too much time in Nsambya, I love the members there, and everything but I really wanted to be in Mutungo for Christmas too. I have come to love the people there so much and our area was really starting to do well. I will not lie though that being released has put off a great deal of stress. Being in the office is nice but at the same time as said before when you are called to serve as a missionary and your purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end has become Inviting missionaries to become effective missionaries through delivering them propane, recording their converts in the book of life and inspecting their apartments to have a clean spirit-abiding environment.

Anyways the rest of this week has been nice. I had to work very hard to finish a mission end of the year slide show that is given out to all the missionaries. I  waited a little too long for comfort because I had a hard time getting burnable DVDs because the one store I wanted to go to was out and I had some last minute editing to do but In the end it worked out. Burning 150 DVDs is crazy. Luckily they have a machine to burn 7 discs at a time!

Lastly, I have been driving all over these days. Saturday to mukono and back to pick up and then to drop offf (our zone and another zone did Christmas caroling to President Colling's parents since they were in town). then Sunday we went to Entebbe to pick people who were going home and today we took to the airport people going to Ethiopia and picked ones coming back from rwanda. Tomorrow is transfers and I will be busy doing the work of going to jinja and back twice. It will be a relief to not have that job anymore after this transfer haha

HAve a great week!
Love,
Elder Seibert

No comments:

Post a Comment