Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Jungle Run

Hello everyone!

Life in Seeta has been good. I have now been here for 5 weeks. I can't believe it has been this long! It seems like only a few weeks ago I was leaving. Anyways this week has been pretty uneventful. We just did our everyday missionary stuff, knock gates, teach and move to the next. But Sunday our investigator, Robert was Confirmed so he no longer is an investigator. And it was branch conference so all the sake people out numbered our actual members. It was kind of funny.
Also today for p day we did a zone activity. We all met up in Lugazi and went to the Jungle there and played capture the flag. However it to awhile to fine a spot open enough to run around in and then people showed up and wanted to fine us so we left. I am not really sure what went down but I guess africans don't see a bunch of white people running around in a forest very often. But after we bailed we ate lunch together then headed back to our areas to email. It was a very fun day today.
Anyways this week also my companion had a strong impression from the Holy Ghost to leave a lesson right away. So we did that and we don't really know why but it got me thinking about how influential the spirit is in our lives. It is such a great gift from our heavenly father. He has given us the Spirit to guide us in our everyday lives and to make sure we stay safe. I am so grateful that as missionaries the Lord has the Spirit guide and protect us. And it is so important as missionaries to teach and have the spirit influence our investigators. As missionaries we  can bring the message UNTO the heart but the spirit brings it INTO the heart, as along as the investigator is truly sincere and seeking the truth. Also today I read Robert D Hales Conference talk on the Holy Ghost. It just reconfirmed what I learned yesterday. God loves us and wants to protect us and he uses the Holy Ghost to do so. So it is our job to make sure we live worthy to receive that guidance! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love Elder Seibert

Pictures: The Jungle we were running in and me with a member who was working with us this week




No comments:

Post a Comment