Monday, June 27, 2016

Welcome to Uganda!!

Hey Everyone!

It has been awhile since I have emailed! Last Week i didn't get to email because I was on a plane flying to Uganda. It is official, I am in Uganda. We went to the airport last Tuesday at 5:30 in the morning because everyone else going to Kenya or Zimbabwe had  early flights. I had to sit around till 2:05 for my flight with the four others going with me. It was a 4 hour flight and we landed at 7:05 (1 hour time change). We didn't get t o Kampala till 9 though. he next day I was told my area and companion. I am serving in the seeta 2 area (pronounced set-ah). It is an awesome place but known for being the dustiest area. Lots of walking! My trainer is Elder Anderson. He is a great guy. He is from Lincoln CA but his family moved to Morgan UT a couple years ago. He has been amazing in helping me learn the ropes. We also have to other Elders that stay in our apartment. Elder Oliverson (Utah) and Elder Phiri (Zimbabwe) They are great guys and serve in the Seeta 1 area. The first night I was in Seeta though there was no water and the power went out right when we got home to when we went to bed! Welcome to Uganda! But it really wasn't that bad. The power hasn't gone out since and we got water back the next day by the time we got home. Also I had my first Rolex that first night! It was awesome. It is the best thing I have eaten since being here. I'll let you guys google it to see what it is. Also the pineapple here is soooooo good! 
The people here are amazing!  am still trying to get to know all the members here.  It didn't help that this Sunday was stake conference (All the congregations in the Kampala area meet together). Next Sunday is when I will actually get to meet all the members truly. The best part about Seeta is that the people are very humble. They are very open to hearing our message. We are able to keep very busy. It is amazing to see how open they are to change their lives when to find the truth of this message for themselves. Elder Anderson has taken me to visit a few recent converts and it is powerful to hear their testimonies. To hear how the quality of their lives has improved so much from getting baptized! That is why I came out here to serve a mission to spread that joy! I have seen how being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has changed my life and come to know that it is the same church that Jesus Christ established on the Earth when he was on the earth, I know that by living the commandments God blesses us. The gospel really does improve everybody's life no matter who you are!

Hope all is well,
Love Elder Seibert

No comments:

Post a Comment