Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Journey Begins

Hey Everyone!
P day is tuesday not monday here and Hopefully I got everyone's emails right

It has been an eventful week down here in Johannesburg! The flight down here took forever! But luckily I did not have to sit in a middle seat on any of my flights! My flight from Atlanta to here where I was suppose to sit in the middle seat ended up working out! Funny how the Lord will answer some of the most trivial of prayers! So what ended up happening is on my flight there were a couple of groups that were headed down to South Africa. One was the BYU women's golf team the other was a group of girls from Ohio State I believe, who were going down for a nursing thing. Luckily I sat on a row where two good friends who were part of the Ohio group decided to give me the window seat so I didn't have to sit between them talking the whole flight! It was awesome. I basically slept the whole time. After the flight I went through customs very easily and then met up with the people who were to take me to the Missionary Training Center (MTC). It was here I met the other missionaries on my flight. I didn't see them until now which I thought was weird.
Our first day was very laid back because only 6 of us were here everyone else arrived that day. At the end of the day we got assigned companionships. My companion is named Elder Mlambo. Said about how you'd sound it out. He was very quite the first few days but has warmed up. He is from Zimbabwe and usually speaks Shona not English but his English is very good. 
My MTC President is President Ashton. He is amazing, very laid back and knowledge. A typical day consists of studying, preparing lessons then teaching these lessons to "investigators" (People who are interested in joining the church). They aren't real investigators though, just teaches acting as if they are. Teaching is so HARD! I will talk about one thing then all the sudden Elder Mlambo will say something and it totally take a curve ball. I think it is mostly because he doesn't understand english super well still. But we are here to learn and we are improving a lot!
The food here is very good. It isn't that different then what we eat in in America. However it does have some differences. Idk how to explain it though.
Thursday is when we go to the temple however we only get to go once during our 3 week stay. Turns out next Thursday is a holiday down here... It really is a bummer because it is such an amazing experience and a lot of people will only have this one opportunity to go!
I wish I could write more but I need to go! only get 30 mins because lack of computers and so many people. Also no pictures because the internet is so slow!
Have a great week!
Love Elder Seibert








No comments:

Post a Comment