Sunday, March 4, 2018

The Greatest Job on the Earth

Hello People,

Sorry about last week. I got distracted and ran out of time. Anyways the missionary work has been really good here in Mpumedde. I love Uganda more and more each and everyday! This week we found like 4 kids, on top of 2 that we have already been teaching, who have been in the church for a few years but they were not baptised at age 8 so looks like we have to teach them before they can be baptised. I always feel a little bit like I am "cheating" when I teach kids like this. Not really a convert baptism but it does make me happy to get to know the kids. Children are the greatest people on this earth.
Each and everyday I come to love this work even more. It is amazing being able to feel so protected from the evils of the world and have the happiness of the gospel being felt everyday. Plus the life experience being learned is awesome. This s the greatest "job" on the planet (most of the time haha). 
This week I got to be on exchanges with Elder Appiah from Ghana. He is a powerful teacher. His knowledge of the gospel is impressive. We had interviews with President which is awesome as always too.
Lastly I was surprised to learn 1) nobody in my district knows the show "The Wild Thornberrys." I don't really know why it suprised me but still. I am not hat much older then these guys. Also something I can't mind but chuckle at is that when people pray here it is not uncomon to hear them pray for those who are in prison. Makes me smile. I never thought about praying for it. I guess we have things we say to all the time that they might find funny in a prayer.

That sums up my week though!
See Ya,
Love Elder Seibert

Sorry for no pictures, I am lazy and Want people to read the email not just look at the pictures (this isn't a childrens story book😁)

No comments:

Post a Comment