Monday, September 25, 2017

Yes I Am Still Alive



Hello Everyone

Sorry I forgot to write last week. I was sitting in my bed last Monday night thinking about life and couldn't remember emailing the group and I realized I never did. I do not know how that happened. Anyways these past two weeks have been pretty much me touring the mission. It was nice because I was able to do quite a bit of stuff. My entire time in Uganda I have only served in the Kampala region. So I have seen only 1 of the 4 Major groups of areas to serve here in the mission. So since we as office elders do apartment inspections we spent all last week and this week driving around "touring" the mission. I got to see the "promised land" of Masaka, the "cheap souvenir area" of Jinja and the "village areas" of Places like Walukuba and Busia. It was weird to see these places missionaries all talk about. Anyways I will say Busia reminded me of and old west ghost town kind of thing. Flat the building were all on one main road and had the same sort of box look that they always have. I was just missing the saloons with the swinging wooden doors. Also we were able to do some small missionary work as usual. We met a man named innocent who came to church yesterday and it made my day. He seems so prepared and just showed how the Lord provides. One we were put in his path to bring him the happiness of coming to church two the bishop went to school with him so he has a friend already and three the lord was able to maximize our limited time of proselyting which has been a love hate relationship for me. It is nice to not have to go walk in the hot sun all day but at the same time you just wish you could be out doing the work! Well I hope everyone is doing well and what not. Keep enjoying life and don't worry about me! My life is awesome right now!

Love you all
Elder Seibert

Also something else I did this past week was watched a video off the church website called "The Phone Call" and one called "The Mailbox." Maybe church video is a poor term but they were on the curch website. anyways One is cheesy but funny while the Mailbox made me very sad but it was also a great video to get your mind thinking. It sort of made me feel guilty. But if you get time enjoy haha

The Long awaited photos!
1) Elder Myers ripped his pants at Zone Conference when he did a whip and nay nay or whater the dance move is called
2) Elder Watts and I at Prayer mountain
3)Me at the Equator, they had the water swirling demos going kind of cool. Never paid attention to it untill then
4) Our District Photo at prayer Mountain
5)People in the ward we had a dinner appointment with

FYI Prayer mountain is as Elder Harding says "A place where you you get to go pray with hippies" it is mukono and it was our district activity last monday. we just went to take pics of the veiw and we were hoping to see monkeys but they weren't out that day




No comments:

Post a Comment